Come join us as we visit Taipei (臺北市) in this travel guide covering the best 30 things to do in Taipei, Taiwan (中華民國). When it comes to dynamic cities in Asia worth visiting Taipei may be the most underrated. You’ll be hard pressed to find a city that offers better street food, night markets and green escapes in the region.
With limited time we hit the ground running in Taipei, Taiwan covering restaurants, museums, temples, memorial shrines and shopping areas worth checking out. An absolute must in Taipei is to visit one of the many night markets where you can indulge in Taiwanese street food until you’re literally about to explode. It’s just that good and that cheap.
Overall, it is an inviting city where locals are warm and go out of their way to be kind to visitors. Come find out what makes Taipei (台北市) a favorite city of ours in Asia!
Taipei Travel Guide – (30 Things to do in Taipei, Taiwan):
1) Taipei 101 (臺北101 / 台北101) – 00:31
2) Taipei 101 Mall for shopping in Taipei, Taiwan – 01:54
3) Elephant Mountain Hike (象山) – 02:07
4) National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall (中正紀念堂) – 02:56
5) National Revolutionary Martyrs’ Shrine (國民革命忠烈祠) – 03:28
6) Shilin Night Market (士林夜市) – 03:59
7) Maokong Gondola cable car ride (貓空) -05:33
8) Taiwanese teahouse (茶館) for mountains views, tea and traditional snacks & cookies – 05:50
9) Taipei Zoo (臺北市立動物園) – 08:56
10) Beitou Hot Springs-Taipei (北投溫泉) – 09:07
11) Guandu Nature Park for birdwatching (關渡自然公園) – 09:43
12) Tamsui seaside district (aka Danshui) for a bike ride (淡水區) – 10:51
13) Taipei public Bicycle system – uBike (微笑單車) – 12:03
14) Xiaolongbao: Taiwanese Soup Dumplings – Xiao Long Bao (小籠包 – 小笼包) – 12:13
15) National Palace Museum (國立故宮博物院) – 15:27
16) Zhishan Garden (至善園) – 16:00
17) Lungshan Temple of Manka aka Longshan Temple (艋舺龍山寺) – 16:35
18) Raohe Street Night Market (饒河夜市) – 16:50
19) Taiwanese breakfast in Taipei – 17:40
20) Taiwanese Mango Shaved Ice Dessert (芒果冰) – 18:00
21) Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup (牛肉麵 / 牛肉面) – 19:24
22) Huashan 1914 Creative Park (華山1914文化創意產業園區) – 21:53
23) National Taiwan Museum (NTM; 國立台灣博物館 – 22:24
24) 228 Peace Memorial Park and Monument (二二八和平紀念公園 / 二二八和平纪念公园) – 22:51
25) Hsing Tian Kong (行天宮) temple devoted to Guan Yu, the patron god of businessmen – 23:08
26) Taipei Expo Park (花博公園) – 23:43
27) Taipei Fine Arts Museum aka TFAM (台北市立美術館) – 23:53
28) Taipei Story House (台北故事館) once known as Yuanshan Mansion (圓山別莊) – 24:00
29) Ningxia Night Market (寧夏夜市) – 24:10
30) Taipei Metro or Taipei MRT (台北捷運) using an EasyCard (悠遊卡) – 24:47
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Taipei travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums and the city by day and evening when the night markets are in full action. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won’t find in a typical Taipei tourism brochure or Taipei, Taiwan city tour.
30 Things to do in Taipei, Taiwan Travel Guide Transcript:
Today we’re going to take you around a city that completely won us over: Taipei. As two self-proclaimed foodies who are always on the hunt for the next meal, we loved the amazing mix of restaurants and street markets the city had to offer. On top of that, there were plenty of temples, museums, and nature escapes to keep us busy throughout the day, so we actually managed to pack quite a bit into our trip. With this video, we’re going to show you 30 things to do in Taipei, Taiwan, and you can count on a few foodie recommendations to be sprinkled throughout. Now let’s get started.
And that’s it for our visit to Taipei! We hope you enjoyed this video and that you got a few of idea of things to do, see, and most importantly, eat on your next visit. As always, if you have any other suggestions of fun things to do around Taipei, we invite you to share them with travellers in the comments below. Wishing you happy travels and until next time!
This is part of our Travel in Taiwan video series showcasing Taiwanese food, Taiwanese culture and Taiwanese cuisine.
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network